There is no hate for the wifi range extender as it is more important to use in the current wireless network. It can be used anywhere you want such as home or office. It will help in extending the wifi network range even in the corner where it is unable to cover. Like wifi router, it also depends on the distance it will cover. Among the different range extenders, Belkin extender comes in the top 5 range extender in the world. All extender is good, but by comparing all of them, Belkin extender seems to have low problems. But sometimes, whe you try to set up the Belkin extender, the device didn’t show the Belkin Network setup in the Wifi section. In this case, you need to reset the Belkin extender to get on the list.
In this article, we will be going through the points of resetting the Belkin range extender. But before getting to the steps of resetting, we gonna share the Pro tips to check out before you perform the reset process.
Pro tips for resetting:
- First of all, connect your wireless network to your Computer, Laptop, or Mobile phone. See whether the internet is working or not with your existing router. If not working, then the Belkin extender is not creating any problem.
- Make sure you check the modem’s light is on & solid. If not, then you might need to contact your internet service provider and fix it. And that’s again not the problem of Belkin extender.
- If you are sure about the router and modem are in working conditions, then you need to troubleshoot the Belkin Extender.
- Then remove your extender and cool it down for 2 minutes and again plug it on the power socket. Once your extender starts in a proper manner, head to your laptop, computer or mobile phones to see the internet connectivity of the Belkin Extender.
- Head to the web browser and check the settings and update the latest version of the firmware from the Belkin console
- you can ask for help from belkin customer service in case of confusion.
Let’s head to the resetting process which has two different methods i.e. Hard reset and Console reset.
Belkin Range Extender Hard Reset:
It is a very easy way to reset your Belkin range extender for an instant. So, make sure you follow these steps.
- First of all, plug your Belkin range extender in the power socket. Note here that, the resetting process will only work when the device is on.
- Look at the bottom of the extender, where you will see the small button or tiny hole which indicates the reset button.
- As it is very small, you need to take a very thin object such as a toothpick, paperclip, pin, or anything related to that. Insert & press the button and hold it for 10-15 seconds until all the lights on the extender begin to flash.
- After holding for the seconds, release the reset button and reboot it by switching it off and then on.
- Later on, your Belkin extender will be reset without failing and make it configured.
You can say that Belkin is a very plug and play device with very little configuration. This is a super-easy way to setup Belkin Range extender. These shared methods will be going to help you in getting Belkin extender fixed to your further process.
Note: Often performing hard resets may occur a bad effect on the hardware, so make sure you execute these steps very carefully. If you are planning to avoid these hard reset steps, then you can follow the console reset methods which is given ahead.
Belkin Range Extender Console Reset:
To execute the console reset process, make sure you are logged on the Belkin extender console. The great thing is that you can still log in to the console even if you don’t have an Internet through extender and change its settings.
- The first step is the same as above, as you have to plug the extender on the power socket and turn it on.
- Take an ethernet cable and connect on side on Belkin range extender and another side on the Laptop or desktop.
- Later on, head to the web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or safari.
- Once you go there, click on the address bar on the top. Enter Belkin.range to visit the Belkin console page. You can even enter the IP address of the Belkin i.e. 192.168.206.1 instead of Belkin.range.
- Afterward, go to the settings section and restore all the settings so it will get into default settings. After resetting, you restart the Belkin extender and even set it to the fresh settings.
So, these are the hard reset and console reset for your Belkin range extender. By following these steps, you will definitely be going to fix the problems. Now you can setup belkin range extender using the default settings.