Avast is one of the most commonly used antivirus applications in the market. It is available on the paid version. Though the problem arises in any kind of application. But in Avast antivirus software, the common issue it occurs is the Avast not responding to the system. The users come with several steps to avoid this issue but didn’t come with the solutions. So in this article, we are going to share effective methods that will help you to solve this problem. Follow the methods thoroughly to get the solutions. there are times when avast won’t open because if these errors.
Repairing of Avast
If issues caused while installing then it will fail to open the application. So it is helpful if we repair the software through the control panel. This solution is worked for many people and we hope it will work for you as well.
- First of all login in with your administrator account because if you login in with any other account then it won’t allow you to delete programs.
- Go to the start button and search for the control panel and click on it.
- Inside the control, the panel window navigates the “View as” options at the top right corner and change it to Category by clicking on it.
- Now look for the Programs section and click on the “Uninstall a program” option under it.
- You will see the list of programs and there you have to find the Avast and click on it. After clicking on it, tap on the uninstall/repair button on the top.
- After that, the Avast application will ask you with multiple options like Update, Repair, Uninstall, and Modify. So you need to click on the repair button and just tap on next in order to fix the problem that you are facing.
- Then it will prompt the confirmation message and you have to just go ahead with it. It will restart with default settings like how it is worked before the error occurred.
- Tap on the Finish button once it gets completed and restart your computer to check whether it is responding properly.
Perform a clean install
There is nothing in Avast like clean install will not fix and for this problem as well. The decline re-installing process will send you to manage to resolve this problem if nothing works with it. So give a try on this method to get fixed.
- First of all click on the web browser and search for the official website of Avast.
- From the landing page download the newest version of Avast creation.
- You should also download the Avast uninstall utility from the same page.
- Once it gets downloaded disconnect your internet connection and boot the application into safe mode. Press “Windows key + R” at the same time to launch the run dialogue box and enter “MSConfig” in the text box. Then click on the ok button.
- You will be headed to the system configuration window. Click on the boot tab at the top and tick on the box off a safe boot. Then simply click on the ok button and head to restart your computer.
- Now run the Avast uninstall utility and you have to browse the file of the installed Avast. Be careful while selecting the file.
- Then tap on the remove button and again restart your computer. Check whether it is responding or not.
Restart Avast antivirus service
- Press Windows key + R at the same time to open the run dialogue box. Enter “services.msc” Hindi text box and then press the enter button or click ok button.
- It will take you to the services tool. Find the Avast antivirus from the above list. Then right-click on it and tap on properties options.
- You have to click on the stop button if the services have been started. If already stopped then proceed with the further steps.
- Make sure you have selected Automatic options on the Startup type menu. Then go for further steps. Tap on the start button. Sometimes it shows the error 1079 on the window after clicking on the start button. So to fix it, you have to follow the below steps.
- You have to follows the same steps as pointed in the above list to open the service tool. Then click on the Logon tab and tap on the browse button.
- Enter your accounts name below the “Enter the object name to select”. Then tap on the check names and wait until it process.
- Then click on the ok button and enter the password to continue and it will work now.
In case if you need any help you can contact avast customer service to get help from support.
Well, these are the steps that you follow to perform your Avast properly. We hope you found this article very helpful.