Norton comes with the best features to protect your system from malware and viruses. Norton helps you to stay protected while browsing on the internet or from the attacks that hamper your work. Although it is very protective, sometimes it comes in the way of your work.
There are some programs or websites that you need for your work, but Norton security interferes in between. And to proceed with your work, you need to disable and turn off Norton temporarily.
So, if you need to disable or turn off Norton temporarily, then you can refer to this article. Here you will find the steps that will help you out. So, here we go.
Disable or Turn off Norton Temporarily
If you are a Windows user, then the given steps will help you. The steps are straightforward, and you may not face any difficulty while performing the steps. So, learn it.
- Firstly, right-click on the Norton Security icon.
- Next, when the pop-up menu shows up, you need to click on the Disable Auto-Protect option.
- Now, a security Request dialog will appear.
- And then, you need to select the duration option from the drop-down menu.
- Here, you are required to choose the time duration that you would like Norton to disable by selecting the appropriate option for you.
- You have the option to disable Norton for 15 minutes, 1 hour, 5 hours, and until the system restart or permanently. So, select the best option for you.
- After selecting, click on the OK to turn off Norton protection.
- If you want to enable Norton protection, then you need to select the Enable Auto-Protect option.
Read More How to fix Norton security Scan not Working Problem
Disable Norton Firewall in Windows
If you want to disable Norton Firewall in Windows, then you can go through the given steps. But disabling Norton Firewall could be harmful, so proceed with caution. If you are sure to proceed, then only disable Norton Firewall, or you have another Firewall to protect your system. So, look at the step for it.
- First of all, you need to start Norton security.
- In the next step, click on the Settings option.
- Now, you are required to choose the Firewall option.
- Go to General Settings, and you need to turn off the firewall.
- And then, you are required to click on the Apply option.
- Here, you will get an option to select the duration.
- Select the amount of time, then click on the OK button.
Disable Norton Antivirus in macOS
If you are a macOS user, then the given steps are for you. Complete the disabling Norton procedure with the mentioned steps. Steps are simple, and you can complete them within a few minutes.
- Open Norton Antivirus in your macOS.
- In the next step, click on the Advanced option.
- You need to choose the Protect My Mac option located in the left menu.
- You need to make sure that the Automatic Scans and Idle Scans options are turned off.
- And to re-enable Norton Antivirus, repeat the mentioned steps and turn on the Automatic Scans and Idle Scans option.
Disable Norton Firewall in macOS
By following the given steps, you will be able to disable Norton Firewall in macOS. So, go along with the steps. Steps are clear, and you will easily complete the process.
- In starting, you need to choose Norton Security in your macOS Dock.
- You need to choose the Advanced option.
- Now, you are required to choose the Firewall option from the left menu pane.
- And then, you are required to turn off the options for connection Blocking and Vulnerability Protection.
- And for re-enabling Norton’s firewall, go through the same steps and turn on the Automatic Scans and Idle Scans option.
Hope the steps are clear to you and help you to disable or turn off Norton antivirus temporarily. But before going through the steps, you must know that it will make your system vulnerable to online attacks. So, be careful with your actions because these attacks steal personal information, and then you have to face the consequences of your actions. So, proceed with caution.